Walt
There is a VG-8 list believe it or not and I am a member of it. I think a
lot of people prefer the VG-8, but the shreaders seem to like the 88 better
for it's electric guitar and amps sounds. The acoustic sounds are really a
lot better on the 8. It also has the handy dandy card slot for memory
expansion.

Best

Paz