When I was over in NYC last month, I bought Hejira and HOSL on HDCD Cd....$9
each...couldn't pass 'em.

...not really being 'up' on such matters, there was an element of
'completism' about the purchase. These Discs are not easily or cheaply found
here in London....that I have seen.

However, listening to H over headphones last weekend, I was stunned by the
amount of music I hadn't heard before from the recordings. For the first
time of listening, the recordings seemed to have depth and separation. I
could hear all the layers of Pastorius' playing.

Maybe I've just not been paying attention before, but is there a consensus
on the merits of these recent (?) re-issues?

Oh and the artwork was very much better. I'd never seen the picture of Joni
looming out of the darkness before.

Les (London)

NPIMH....Whatever, Whatever (or whatever) by Shakira because I just read
about it in a 'digest' and now it's hard-coded in my head for the day and it
just isn't fair! Wah!