hey all you songwriters, guitar players, or all round music sluts:

last year i wrote a song during & about my first visit to nashville & the
amazing level of musicianship that was there...one night someone got up on
stage to play guitar...he was amazing...(i had never heard of him but that
doesn't mean much)...he played a song he wrote for either chet atkins or ry
cooder...probably chet so one of my lines goes like this...

"the soundguy played guitar like chet or maybe even better"

my question to anyone who cares to give me an opinion is should i keep it
chet, or change it to ry?

i wrote this before chet passed away & now i feel funny saying something
that might sound irreverant or disrespectful...although sounds better than
ry & i also wonder if ry even fits thematically with a song about nashville
(tho nashville is certainly NOT just country music anymore..lots of music
genres there these days as i discovered)

all opinions welcome!