Kate said:

<<there was a show that aired on tv quite a few years ago called My So
Called Life, that I thought was excellent but it didn't last long.>>

Kate, just a quick note -- that *was* a great show -- put out by the same
people who did "thirtysomething", later "Relativity" (which also died a quick
death), and now "Once and Again", also in danger of cancellation.  I guess
people wanna see more "reality" TV.  Vomit.  If I wanted "reality", I'd turn
the TV off.  And occasionally, I do.

Anyway, I can't remember the producers of all these show's names, but they're
good, and usually their shows fail -- maybe they'd do better on cable, where
they still take chances on iffy shows with complicated characters and plots
(like Six Feet Under, and a new one on FX, I think, called "The Shield").  I
never understood the complaints about "thirtysomething" being "whiny" -- what
drama isn't, in some sense?

hugs,

walt