Hey Gang:

Just got it from a little Oscar soiree here in LA hosted by a new pal of mine
that's up for a big, big award.  Note the time: 10PM, LA time -- they have to
look pretty tomorrow!  It's an exciting time to be Hollywood, now that Oscar
is home!  The Kodak will be unveiled in all its glory and we members of
Hollywood Heritage (the local architectural and cultural conservancy group)
are delighted!  It's about time.

Anywho, the other reason for writing is to submit something for filing under
*just to be sure you know.*

I recently acquired the new Robbie Williams CD, *Swing When You're Winning.*
The first cut was orchestrated by our own Vince Mendoza and performed (and
written) by Williams and the London Session Orchestra led by Gavyn Wright.

Although my least favorite cut on the CD, its orchestration is really quite
good.  This was a major move in work for Robbie and I think he has done a
commanding job.  His version of *Beyond the Sea* is absolutely wonderful to
my ears.  A few friends from England were visiting this week and felt he
really made a major career move with this work.  His live performance of the
standards contained on this CD at the Albert was amazing they tell me.  The
one-night-only concert recording is available on DVD - which I promptly
ordered.  If you like the work of Sinatra, Martin, and Davis, I, without
reservation, recommend Robbie's new venture.

No regrets,

Coyote Rick
Casa Alegre
Hollywood, California

"Only fools are afraid to be burned by fire..."