--- colin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We just this film. It was well made and filmed etc
> but what was it
> about? Was there a point?
> Didn't get emotionally invloved at all. They were
> robots, including the
> boy, well acted as always by Haley. But so what? If
> there was deeper
> meaning to this film, it passed us by.
> Anyone have an idea what it was about?

LOL, Colin. It had pretty much the same effect on me.
As you say, wonderful acting by Haley Joel Osment. The
Jude Law character/android was vaguely interesting,
but I didn't get the point of it either, esp. the end.
All I can say is, if you see it as a fairy tale
(Pinocchio, Hansel & Gretel, that kind of thing, lost
babes in the wood), then it kind of works. (but not
really.) I think when the mix of Kubrick/Spielberg/
weird/cute just doesn't work. I also find myself
asking myself "when is it going to be over?" is a sure
indicator that the film has lost me (and is too long.)

File your taxes online! http://taxes.yahoo.ca