> > After reading uyour post I realize i did not have it so bad after all.
>
> You know, Bree someone always has it worse-those children killed each week
in my
> country by their parents(2 a week), those on the streets, those in war
torn,
> famine struck countries. That doesn't make your experience any the less.
We each
> have our shit to deal with and minimising it is not healthy. Nor is lvivng
it
> without trying to helaing it.

I just want to clarify here & now that my experience growing up was a walk
in the park compared to what Colin has told us about.  There are certainly
worse things than not being popular in high school.  I was made fun of but
for whatever reason, managed to avoid the physical abuse that a lot of gays
suffer during childhood and adolescence.  I did date a couple of girls in
high school so maybe that was enough to cast a shadow of doubt in people's
minds.  One of these girls I may have ended up marrying if I hadn't broken
up with her.  That would have been a huge mistake for both of us.  But I was
different, no question about it, and most of my classmates never let me
forget it.  Confusion, guilt, fear about one's sexuality are very difficult
emotions to cope with & overcome.  I don't want to minimize that.  But I
certainly didn't have it nearly as bad growing up as a lot of other people.

Mark E in Seattle