Tyler wrote:

> I notices some mention of Culver City and decided to add a bit: Haven't
been to Culver City myself, but my partner's dad is >a city planner there.
More interesting is the Museum of Jurasic Technology, which is one of the
most original and fascinating >places I've ever heard of (has anyone been
there?)

Haven't been there yet, but it is often written and raved about in LA.
Forgot to mention that Culver City is also the home of the Jazz Bakery,
which was recently ranked in the top 10 of jazz venues in the U.S. You'r
partner's dad has a good job - the town has been doing a lot of
redevelopment in recent years.  I was remarking to a list friend that one of
the reasons it has become an attractive and desirable place to live in
recent years is because it has retained so much of its original small town
charm in the midst of the big city and there has been a great deal of
restoration and enhancement of the older architecture there. It's very
village-like.

Kakki