i had a similar eagle experience near where i live...i was hiking out to a
spot where there are a acres & acres of rocks & high above the city where
you can see up & down the coastline for miles & miles & miles...just as i
was starting to lay back on a rock, a HUGE eagle soared right over me...so i
saw it from underneath...it is the only time i have ever seen an eagle...

i do see hawks & vultures on a regular basis & we have several owls that i
can hear at night (but not see)...the other day i saw a bluebird which i
thought was unusual...its the jays that are so common around here...