<<And for Bob "SCJoniGuy" Muller: Please describe in more detail the
location of the Eckerd's on Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, where you stopped to
listen to Bonnie Raitt's rendition of "That Song About the Midway," so I can
visualize it. >>

Tim, that particular Eckerd's was in Quail Corners Shopping Center, located at the
corner of Wake Forest & Millbrook. Right around the corner from Andy's Pizza, which is
still there even though Andy, who was a good family friend, died a couple years back.
Back then it was a fairly quiet intersection, now it's not. Finding a quiet
intersection in Raleigh is not easy! Anyway, that Bonnie Raitt moment is a very vivid
memory...maybe they've put a historical marker there! ;~)

<<Also, were you still in Raleigh when WQDR went country, and
most of the WQDR programming and on-air personalities went to the then-new
WRDU?>>

That happened just about the time I moved to Greenville. WQDR was a mainstay through
my high school & college years, and even though most of the DJ's stayed the same, WRDU
just never seemed to have the same vibe. WQDR's DJ named Jolie was instrumental in
turning me on to Joni as she used to play her stuff a lot, even the DJRD & Mingus
stuff that nobody else would play.

Probably more than you wanted to know!

Bob

NP: Nils Lofgren, "Little On Up" 10/27/98