I rec'd the demo CD from Henning Olsen this weekend...he's the guitarist & catalyst
for "Big Yellow Taxi", the Joni tribute group from Denmark mentioned here not too long
ago.

This demo is great! Henning and Christina do fairly straightforward takes on Chelsea,
BYT, and BSN, and an outstanding reading of Sunny Sunday, which is a pleasant surprise
as it's definitely not a common choice. (Europeans seem to have a greater respect for
Joni's later work in terms of covers I've noticed). Rounding out the demo is the
highlight as far as I'm concerned, their version of Black Crow which is an energetic
arrangement and very well done. Some of you guitarists out there will find yourselves
inspired by this version, I do believe...

Henning & Christina are making their plans tonight to make it to the Jonifest in
August. They're also planning on going in to the studio along with another ace
guitarist and some extra players to record a proper CD of Joni songs (plus a couple of
originals) to help market themselves in the states. Henning has been very encouraged
by we JMDLer's who have visited the site and made contact. So if you're on the fence
about coming to the Fest this year, here's another reason why you don't want to miss
it!

I've been playing this demo as soon as I get up each day...after all, nothing like a
fine Danish to start the morning, yuk yuk yuk...(sorry).

If you haven't checked them out yet, they are easy to find at:

http://www.bigyellowtaxi.dk/index.htm

Bob

NP: Dave Matthews Band, "If I Had It All"