> Joni's 14 1/2 minute vignette presented her as a black male pimp named "ART
> NOUVEAU", dressed in the same drag she wore on the cover of 1977's "DON JUAN'S
> RECKLESS DAUGHTER".
> The film's producers kept extending the release date further and further, a
> year, then 2 years. As late as 1985 there were still rumblings about a
> release, but as far as I'm aware, the completed film has never to this day had
> even one showing in theaters. I have had word of "Love" being shown during
> small film festival weekends."

I saw this film on CBC TV quite a few years ago. Not very good, really.
Joni's character is not actually the pimp but a woman dressing up as one for
a costume party. I think she sees someone she used to go with or wants to go
with or maybe doesn't want to go with at the party. Kind of hazy on that
point I guess, but it was a long time ago.

Ranger Rick