In a message dated 4/29/02 1:48:09 PM, WARREN901 writes:

>fred, i don't beleive joni vs. shawn is an apt comparision. ( i'm not
familair
>with jonatha !) don't get me wrong, i think shawn is wonderfully and have
been
>loving her work since her debut in 1989. i just can't help but notice that
>shawn's work is done mostly with collaborators. ( ie. john leventhal )

Warren, point well taken. And while Jonatha works alone as a writer, it
remains to be seen if her body of work will accumulate to the extent that
Joni's has.

The gist of my opinion was that Shawn (with and without Levanthal) and
Jonatha have made music that surpasses much of Joni's post-DJRD music.

For sure, there is really no other sole practitioner
singer/songwriter/producer who has produced a series of nine consecutive
masterpieces (her first nine studio albums). Joni is the rare, once or twice
in a lifetime, genius. And once again I'll reaffirm that no perceived failing
of her later work can in any way diminish her earlier achievement.

>by the way fred, i'm not familiar with
>your work, how does it stack up against joni's ?

What's that supposed to mean?

-Fred