Although not 30 years her junior, the two
exceptions to this are Shawn Colvin and Jonatha Brooke; their best work is
better than most of post-Mingus Joni, and stands up to her own best. Need I
qualify this as just my opinion?

- -Fred

fred, i don't beleive joni vs. shawn is an apt comparision. ( i'm not
familair with
jonatha !) don't get me wrong, i think shawn is wonderfully and have been
loving her work since her debut in 1989. i just can't help but notice that
shawn's work is done mostly with collaborators. ( ie. john leventhal ) few
songs are written by shawn alone and she doesn't produce herself either ( she
has co-produced.) most of her stuff has a sole producing credit of, you
guessed it, john leventhal. by the way fred, i'm not familiar with your work,
how does it stack up against joni's ?

curiously yours,
warren keith

p.s. again, shawn is one of my favorites after joni. she has been through NC
several times and her performances are always excellent !!!