Well Bob, it did indeed work and made for a very happy surprise for me this
morning. Thank you so very very much. I'm sincerely thrilled to have this.
All I Want has always been one of my favorite songs and I'm touched to have
this historical version.

 I guess it's time to introduce myself properly. Hi. I'm Cairn and I'm a
musi-holic. I can't get enough. I want it all the time. When I'm not around
it live (or in Memorex), it seem to always be in my head. My dad (who was
murdered a couple of years ago) was a musician and my mom was a belly dancer.
I kind of ran from wanting to play music as fast as my little legs could
carry me, seeing a lot of the shadows and hardships of that life. Strangely
enough when my dad died something in me screamed to start playing piano,
which I did. My style is minimalistic and though I have a little a trio, I
don't see myself as a musician...a performance artist perhaps, definitely a
poet/storyteller...still trying to figure all that  packaging/boxing of self
out...
  I'm turning 30 this summer, and while my musical taste is quite varied and
far reaching, (everything from the Grateful Dead (and family) to Black
Sabbath, Kid Rock, Bob Marley, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, Carole King, Ray
Charles, Tom Waits, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Captain Beefheart, Prince...really
could go on and on, but don't want to be tedious, just want to give a hint of
myself), Joni has certainly carved herself a place right there in the heart
of it.
  My first Joni album was Blue (when I was 17...and pregnant. Little Green
owned me that year. My son turned 12 this year and I included it on his
Birthday CD), then Court and Spark, Turbulent Indigo and Hejira. My Joni
collection is rounded out with Night Ride Home, Dog Eat Dog,  Mingus and Both
Sides Now and a few single songs I've managed to aquire through the trading
of mixed CD's and tapes over the years. I must say after reading posts on
this list for a while now, I'm on a bit of a mission to aquire Song to a
Seagull, Hissing of Summer Lawns and Run for the Roses (how many albums does
she actually have anyway?)
  About this place; it seems quite special. I'm not a very list joining
person. A lot of the archives for a lot of lists I've read seem so full of
crazy petiteness (none of which seem to exist here) that again, I want to run
as fast as I can in the other cyber direction. I really enjoy it here. I'm
thrilled to be gifted with such a fine and knowledgeable, kind group of
people to help me develop a more intimate knowledge of Joni.

  The web site is absolutely beautiful, though I know I've been through but a
fraction of it and Les, I just love Today's Articles and Today in History.
I've really been enjoying that feature of this place. It is so very very
special. Thank you.

  That must be it for now. Thank you for being her, thank you for having
me...and Bob double extra thank you's with sprinkles on top for this amazing
original All I want.
 Until next time...