I took in the show over the weekend at the Cinerama dome (I hope I never pay
$14 for a movie ticket again soon).  A few things struck me:

On the good side I was amazed to see how well they had storyboarded the
action, when one considers how fast it moves and from how many different
planes the characters bounce around to and from; I never felt disoriented.
Some of the computer work was a little cheesy video game like but most won't
notice,and that didn't seem to hurt  "Titanic" at the box office either.

On the bad side was how really creeped out I was by the scenes of NY
destruction (having witnessed Sept. 11 live and in person): I'm sure that
they did yonks of focus group testing before release to gauge if people
would have this reaction and found that I'm probably oversensitive on this
issue.  (just being honest here, hope I haven't given away too much)  The
other problems I had were the amount of "comic book violence" (just what
does this mean,anyway? isn't violence just that?) and the script having
certain characters paraphrasing Jesus Christ in particularly evil context.
I'm not a member of the religious right, but I can only predict that some
may find this inflammatory.  As more see it, I'm curious to see if this
becomes an issue.  I think this may be the biggest risk taken by this film,
given it's intended for a family audience in the USA.

Aside:  I did have a vicarious thrill in that young Peter Parker's
neighborhood was Sunnyside, Queens where I lived for 10 years.  Hollywood
never came to town while I was there...

Overall, it's trash, but it will make a fortune.

CC