Mia,

Congratulations on an observant and "right on" post.

That song "You give me such pleasure, you bring me such pain, who left her
long black hair in our bathtub drain ?",  and the whole DJRD album are no
doubt the most sexually charged musically and lyrically of her career, IMO
too.

Another thought that I do not think has been raised yet regards two of Joni's
piano breaks - one from "Let the Wind Carry Me" and one from "Down to You",
which I feel sexually connected to when I listen to them. Anyone else have
that feeling ?

Bob S. (off to Paris today)

Mia wrote:

"Okay, this may be a little dark and I may be the only one in the world who
thinks this, but I've always felt that "Off Night Back Street" from
DJRD is
Joni's sexiest song.

Although the lyrics suggest Joni is being tortured, she is flirting with a
kind of danger here, which can bring on a sort of intense, dramatic sexual
energy. I actually think the music itself(and most of the music on that
whole album-Cotton Ave, Talk to Me,etc..), more so than the lyrics, is
incredibly sexy!"