Hmm . . .

I wonder if less art would be created without ego.

I am sure that fewer maids would be kicked; but I bet there would also be
fewer songs written and paintings painted (and posts posted!)

    --Bob, contemplating his linty inny navel

The JMDL's talented Victor quoted:

<< From "The Indestructible Truth:  The Living Spirituality of Tibetan
Buddhism" by Reginald A. Ray (c) 2000 Shambala Publications, Inc.

"Through the methods of Tantric meditation, one's usual, habitual,
ego-centered patterns of body, speech, and mind are temporarily replaced by
patterns of non-ego or enlightened body, speech, and mind of a Buddha.  This
destabilizes our ego's mechanisms.  The ego's usual "total lock" on
experience is disrupted.  One begins to become more and more uncertain about
who one is or what one is doing.  This provides gaps in the ego's shell, and
the Buddha-nature can begin to shine through.  The more it shines through,
the more shaky and impotent the ego becomes.  The more ego-centered
conciousness begins to dissolve, the stronger the light of the Buddha-nature
becomes.  It is a process that accelerates the further it goes along." >>