How insentive (just saw Pat Metheny in Amsterdam doing a brilliant version
of this Joao Gilberto classic):

Lieve wrote:
>> one thing I would never want to do is generalise, even as a
child I refused to join in the telling of jokes about the "Hollanders" (hi
John, surely feminists can be sweethearts?!)

Yes? Name five, then. :-)

***

Bob wrote:
>>When I told my sister that I was on a JM discussion list, her immediate
response was "Oh my, I would imagine that Joni fans are people who feel
things very deeply!"...and I think that was a right-on statement. I think
we're much more sensitive than the world at large.

Jerry's retort:
>>And much better looking!

Eh?
Where have YOU been for the past 5 years???
In this group, I go for the character, deep thinking and the intelligence.
Now, in the Michelle Pfeiffer Discussion List, we go for character, wit,
intelligence, feminism AND looks. Never for deep thinking.

***

Joni's sexiest song:
Je t'aime (moi non plus)  - although her voice is already a bit hampered by
the early signs of smoke damage on the vocal chords.

***

Mike wrote:
>>To say that Britney Spears is a greater songwriter and singer than Joni
Mitchell is an idiotic remark.

??? By which standards???
Anyone who manages to get the entire world to sing "Oops ... " must be a
fabulous songwriter by my standards.

Oops

John