On Sat, 11 May 2002, at 21:18:47 +0200, "John van Tiel"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  wrote (or quoted: the >>> makes it appear that the entire post is a
quote):

>Joni's sexiest song:
>Je t'aime (moi non plus)  - although her voice is already a bit hampered by
>the early signs of smoke damage on the vocal chords.

  Major point: Did Joni ever record this song? The radio-hit single was by a
man and a woman who was not Joni; I think they were French.

  Minor point: It's vocal "cords," not "chords."

John also wrote (or quoted), beginning with a quote from Mike:

>***
>
>Mike wrote:
> >>To say that Britney Spears is a greater songwriter and singer than Joni
>Mitchell is an idiotic remark.
>
>??? By which standards???
>Anyone who manages to get the entire world to sing "Oops ... " must be a
>fabulous songwriter by my standards.
>

>Oops
>
>John

  Ahem. I think this phenomenon shows that someone is a fabulous marketer,
not that the tunesmith of "Oops ... " is a fabulous songwriter. And does
Britney Spears write her own songs?

  Tim Spong
  Dover, Del., U.S.A.