My music choice: Stood Up (John Hiatt w/ Little Village).  No pun intended.

I agree with Bob's choice of Knockin' on Heaven's Door but am afraid it
might be showing optimism.

The following joke might take away some of the morbidity of this thread:

<< This 85-year old couple, having been married almost 60 years, died
in a car crash. They had been in good health the last ten years, mainly
due to the wife's neurotic interest in health food.

When they reached the pearly gates, Peter took them to their
mansion,  which was decked out with a beautiful kitchen and master bath
suite
and Jacuzzi. As they "oohed and aahed", the old man asked St. Peter how
much this was going to cost. "It's free," Peter replied, "Remember,
this is Heaven."

Next they went out to the backyard to see the championship golf
course the home backed up to. They would have golfing privileges every day,
and each week the course changed to a new one representing the
greatest golf courses on Earth. The old man asked, "What are the
green fees?" "This is heaven," St. Peter replied. "You play for
free."

Next they went to the clubhouse and saw the lavish buffet lunch with
the cuisines of the world laid out. "How much to eat?" asked the old
man. "Don't you understand yet?" St. Peter asked. "This is heaven.
It's free!" "Well, where are the low fat and low cholesterol foods?"
the old man asked timidly. "That's the best part. You can eat as
much as you like of whatever you like and you never get fat and you
never get sick. This is Heaven."

The old man looked at his wife and said, "You and your fucking bran
muffins. I could have been here ten years ago!"

Laurent