Paul,

Thank you so much for the alert to the GREAT interview with Arthur Lee.  I'd
always thought of him as L.A.'s Hendrix and it's amazing to read here and
elsewhere lately that many agree.  And then to read that he gave Jimi one of
his first breaks and first introduced the guys at Elektra to the Doors, all
before he was 21 years old.  I couldn't get through on the link but went to
the Guardian home page and did a search on Arthur.  Saw another article that
Bryan MacLean had passed away in '99 which I didn't know, was a friend of
Crosby's in their teens, and was the Byrds first road manager. What
incredible musical connections.  I was an early proponent of his little
sister Maria McKee based in large part on the familial connection.
MacLean's Orange Skies is one of my very fave Love songs.

I'm so excited that you, Mike and Uncle John may get to see them soon.
Please give a report - even if you are critical, I won't mind! ;-)  I hope
Laurent gets to see them, too - as for recent reviews, I posted one here
recently from the L.A. Weekly which was overwhelmingly stars-in-the-eyes,
gushing. The tour article also said he would be performing with an orchestra
in Europe.  Oh can you imagine those songs with an orchestra! I am so
tempted to cash in my frequent flyer miles and just join you all over there
for the tour!!  ;-)

Kakki

NP:  As It Happens - Peter Faulkner and our own Mr. Castle - an impeccably
beautiful album that can be found here
http://www.cdvine.co.uk/sh/pages/pfalkner.html