Hi Ugu,

I don't know - there's a lot to counter that assumption.  My favorite music
growing up was the Beatles, Yardbirds, the Hollies, the various bands of
Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, all the Canadian folksingers, including Gordon
Lightfoot, Buffy Sainte Marie and Joni (in her first incarnation), none of
whom were U.S. artists.  My favorite music in the world since I was 15 has
been from Brazil.  I think Americans who love music are very open and
embracing of musicians and music from other countries.

Kakki

> The issue of marketing music in America caught my attention. And I wander
whether the pattern of American music lovers not patronising music from
other countries is not typical of American lifestyle. Everything must be
American standard or no deal. I feel the people should try out music from
elsewhere for a change and better understanding of those cultures and
lifestyle.