You would probably find that  "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away" as
a phrase in those precise words is found in old English books of common
prayer.  I define as "old" as Reformation era and later, through the varous
editions of prayer books in the 1500s and 1600s.  I'd dust off my liturgy
books and look it up if it can be found in what I own, but you asked for a
librarian, not a minister! :-)

(the Rev) Vince, heading off to Sunday worship