I've heard this quote attributed to many people, most
often John Cage (interesting, given that his long-time
partner, choreagrapher Merce Cunningham, could
probably dance about architecture very well).

It was recently the topic of much discussion on
another emil list I'm on, and someone came up with
this url:
http://home.pacifier.com/~ascott/they/tamildaa.htm

which if not clearing up the origin of the quote, at
least is an interesting read.

> << Writing about music, Mitchell reportedly once
scoffed, is
>"like dancing to
>> architecture.">>
>>

>Shouldn't it be "dancing ABOUT architecture"?  Jerry
Garcia and
>others have made this or similar comments. Wonder
where this came
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com