Julius,

You so funny, har har ;-)  It has been amazing to see this being built right
next door.  It's like an eighth wonder of the world.  There was a great
article awhile back about how they are breaking the mold in architecture and
have literally been making it up as they go along in the construction
process.  It took a long time to get all the funds together to break ground.
Of course, once it was a go, my rent went up 30% a month, ahem, but I'm very
happy to have it in the neighborhood.  My first dream of what I wanted to be
when I grew up was an architect.  Alas, I lacked the math aptitude to pursue
it, but it is still a great passion.  The Disney will open in Fall 2003 and
I hope Joni might play there with her orchestra, maybe with a few new
paintings hung around the rafters, too ;-)

Kakki

> By the way, if you don't believe architecture can be "about" music, visit
architect Frank Gehry's Walt >Disney Concert Hall for the Los Angeles
Philharmonic while it's under construction, just a block >away from where
Kakki lives in downtown L.A.:

> "From the stainless steel curves of its striking exterior to the
state-of-the-art acoustics of the >hardwood-paneled main auditorium, the
3.6-acre complex embodies the unique energy and creative >spirit of the city
of Los Angeles and its orchestra."

> It occurs to me that the above illustrates writing about architecture
about music. Go figure.