Hello, All -

Victor writes:

> This is an interesting thread.  Since I've been here in Asheville, I've
> written seven songs now(the muse is being very kind) and I wouldn't think
> this is so unusual but each time I've started to write something, I've been
> inspired by completely different artists, creating a strange hybrid of
> their style and my own.  I mean, I've been inspired by different people for
> years...Rush, Grateful Dead, Jethro Tull, Ella Fitzgerald, REM, etc...but
> its never been so rampidly different over the course of two months.  India
> Arie, James Taylor, Elton John, Neil Young, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, and
> just today Tom Waits.  And it feels as you describe above, weaving into a
> completely new work that is unique.
>
> I'm begininning to believe more and more that Asheville is a very unusual
> place, a spiritual hub where unusual things can happen.  There is a
> bookstore downtown(a very cool one Allison!) where I am able to go and
> actually lose awareness of everything surrounding me, while people are
> still milling about and getting coffee or reading books or whatever.  The
> real world almost begins to seem secondary to the spiritual world that is
> constantly weaving and thriving.
>
> Kind of spooky and exciting at the same time...

>From what I've been hearing over the last few years, it sounds like Asheville
is some kind of folk music "Mecca" - if you build it, they will come!

I always joke that there has to be something in the water - how else to
explain the talents of Christine Kane, Billy Jonas, David LaMotte, Chris
Rosser and David Wilcox all in the same place?...  :-)

Susan
http://www.heartsdesireconcerts.com

"Well, I love the way the world is your garden
And you plant your seeds and you let them grow
And you take things out of the ground just like
You take what comes, but you never know..." ~ Dar Williams