mack wrote: >>Why?  Can't explain it though have surmised it is the inner me
looking for the thrills that are so absent in this life that I live...It is
not easy to admit to oneself that they want to go to the dark side of their
inner being...Stuck to this place and this life by familial obligation,
fear, and uncertainty; as the years pass, the wrinkles grow, and my spirit
slowly dies away.  Got to find the way out of this bottle that I am in,
somehow.  The end result of it all is that it is down to you and down to
me.<<<<<

This dark side of an inner being is sometimes called the shadow, a most
essential place to visit for those who pursue their creative art, or for
those who are compelled to do the inner work in order to discover what is
holding them back in life, in love, etc...

I have NO idea if this makes any sense to you, in the place you are at
Mack...but this is what your post inspired me to write...