> Why would Carly refer to Joni as "some child" though?
> Wouldn't Carly and Joni be about the same age? Unless
> she meant it metaphorically as in "flower child"?
> Somehow it sounds as if it could be about a younger
> woman, a brief flirtation that's over now.
>
> If it is about Joni, it seems pretty petty to me.

The incident Carly describes in 'No Secrets' always sounded like a somewhat
tawdry one night stand to me.  That's the main reason why I never thought it
was about Joni.  I would imagine that James Taylor had sexual encounters
with more than one woman before he married Carly or even before he met Joni.
To say that this one single incident that may not even be about James in the
first place (it seems likely since Carly and James were newly married when
'No Secrets' was released but still it's pure speculation on anyone but
Carly's part) refers specifically to Joni seems like a pretty long stretch
to me.  And I really don't think Carly is that petty to begin with.

2 and half cents from
Mark E in Seattle