patrick leader wrote:

> welcome, mary, and thanks for the bio.  i lived in sacramento for many years
> (77-80, 82-86) and always loved it.  first fell in love there,   danced for
> jazzworks (now dale scholl dancearts) capitol city ballet (now defunct) even
> performed at music circus.  went to sac state for, like, nine years!
>
> i'm now a huge 'completist' and wouldn't be without a single second of joni,
> but the early eighties albums were definitely uneven.  however, if you
> haven't bought night ride home and turbulent indigo, you are in for a huge
> treat.
>
> absolutely, and apparently it's in the can.  no release date announced.  if
> you remember the bsn tour, after they had played the album through, she did
> five additional songs with orchestra arrangements.  that's the basis of the
> new album, more joni originals in new arrangements.  i'm extremely excited.
> 'hejira' and 'for the roses' and 'moon at the window' were particularly
> amazing in that tour (i saw two shows.)  i think we've actually heard of a
> tracklist (maybe posted here at some point).  there's also a major cover
> album that i think was finished a long time ago and for some reason it
> hasn't been released.  includes annie lennox' version of 'ladies of the
> canyon' and sarah maclachlan's 'blue', and a bunch of covers by some big
> folks.  (k.d. lang covering 'help me', like she did on the tnt tribute a
> couple of years back.)

Hi Patrick,
Where do you live now? Are you still dancing? I live really close to Sac State.
Small world, eh?

The new cd(s) sound great. I hope there is a tour.

About the early 80's albums: I have Wild Things Run Fast and Dog Eat Dog. (Are
there more early 80's?) The way I think of it, music is a reflection of the
times, and the early 80's were actually pretty "uneven" : )
I do have Night Ride Home and Turbulent Indigo. I enjoy them both very much.
NRH in particular holds fond memories for me.
I have a hard time picking a "favorite" anything (I am a Libra if that means
anything to you) but I have to say I am VERY partial to Hejira and Hissing of
Summer Lawns. Blue goes without saying, doesn't it?

Anyway... thank you for the response. I look forward to getting to know
everyone better.
Mary