Don't know if this has been posted, but the September Acoustic Guitar magazine has a
fine interview with Patty Griffin.  Providing a
brief overview of her career, it covers the making of _1000 kisses_--and includes
words and music to "Makin' pies."  And she's direct and gracious--a wonderful
interview.  (The cover blurb reads, "Patty Griffin's unforgetable voice.")

There's also a mention of her contribution to the _Evangeline Made_ compilation (and
an article on Ann Savoy and how that compilation came about).

And an article on songwriters and influences, with very slight Mitchell content:
Patty Larkin (another great Boston-based singer/songwriter):
When someone asks me where my inspiration comes from, I tell them it comes from what I
hear and love, from other artists.  In the past I have admired certain songwriters so
much (Joni Mitchell and Rickie Lee Jones, to name two) that I had to ban them from my
stereo."

The issue should hit the newstands in a few days.

Denny
NP:  Linda Thompson, "Nine stone rig"