>>When someone asks me where my inspiration comes from, I tell them it comes
from what I hear and love, from other artists.  In the past I have admired
certain songwriters so much (Joni Mitchell and Rickie Lee Jones, to name
two) that I had to ban them from my stereo."<<

i saw that also & i can relate to that! i was so heavily influenced by those
2 that i had to stop listening for fear of imitating...