Well folks at long last the official announcement is finally here -

PazFest-The New Orleans Tribute to Singer Songwriter Joni Mitchell at the
Howlin' Wolf, recorded live on May 28, 2000.

I produced this album to benefit the Ruth Paz Foundation's construction of a
Burn Center in San Pedro, Sula, Honduras. A portion of the proceeds will
also be donated to both JMDL.com and  JoniMitchell.com to help with the
costs of running these two important and very significant operations. This
production took me forever because I refused to spend money on it so as to
make more money for the cause.
Technically it was quite difficult to produce because of the enormity of the
music and many technical problems with the actual recording. Only a few
songs were lost altogether so volumes 1 & 2 is the bulk of the material by
New Orleans recording artists + special guests, The Bryan Thomas Band. This
Was an unforgettable night and there are some stellar performances here that
will leave you breathless! Hopefully Volume 3 will be released at later date
and will will feature the Jason Marsalis Band, David Lahm and Little Queenie
which were the Jazzer's of the fest and equally moving performances.

I would like to thank everyone that helped me with this project and
supported me throughout the process. Special thanks to Jim LamaDoo and Jack
Merkel for fotos and artwork. Rick Naiser of Festival Recording Studios
helped me enormously with the post production and mixing work. He is a
genius! The first release is a two record set. The music is as follows:

Volume One

I Think I Understand-John Parker
Both Sides Now-John Parker
Sex Kills-Leslie Smith
Song To A Seagull-Betsy McGovern
Blue Boy-Jack Neilson
The Last Time I Saw Richard- Susan Cowsill w/ Robert Mache
Chelsea Morning- Susan Cowsill w/ Robert Mache
For Free-Candace Cox and Robert Mache
Ladies of the Canyon-Beth Patterson
The Priest-Danzig and Wooley
Trouble Child-Danzig and Wooley
Night Ride Home-Vic Saul
Big Yellow Taxi-John Rankin
You Turn Me On (I1m A Radio)-Kim Carson w/ Bud Tower

Volume Two

Woodstock-Kim Prevost and Bill Solley
Both Sides Now-Kim Prevost and Bill Solley
Blue Motel Room-Denise Marie Band
Furry Sings The Blues-Denise Marie Band
(with Sam Price & Andre Bohren)
Amelia-Michael Paz and Friends
Beth's Solo-Beth Patterson
Hejira-Michael Paz
(with Brian Stoltz, Beth Patterson, Kevin Aucoin, & Sam Price)
Help Me-Brian Stoltz (with Kevin Aucoin & Sam Price)
Black Crow-The Bryan Thomas Band
Little Green-The Bryan Thomas Band
All I Want-The Bryan Thomas Band

To pre-order this collection please respond to me privately at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] .
The two volume set is a minimum donation of $25 dollars US for BOTH CD's + a
small fee for shipping and handling ($5 for US Priority Mail within the US)
(depending on where you are on the Map of the World).

Through the end of this year I will run a Christmas special of buy four and
get one FREE! So a $100 donation gets you five 2 CD Sets that will make
GREAT Christmas gifts for your friends and family. At the same time you will
be helping heal burn  patients in Honduras (where we have been helping kids
for the last 35 years - please see www.honduras.com/ruthpaz). At this time I
will only be able to accept checks or money orders, but very soon the new
web site will be up and I will be able to accept credit cards as well.
Please see either jmdl.com or jonimitchell.com for a view of the album cover
(which will be posted soon thanks to Les and Jim). The actual release date
is September 24, 2002. I will ship orders on a first come first serve basis,
And they will be shipped as soon as the product arrives back from pressing.
I am currently negotiating for further distribution.

Also available now is the JMDL artists portion of this show with artwork by
Steve Polifka which includes the following:

Free Man in Paris-Victor Johnson
Coyote-Catgirl
Man From Mars-Steve Polifka
Two Grey Rooms-Steve Polifka
Woodstock-Marcel Deste
Conversation-Claudia San Soucie
Candlelight Vigil for Wally Breese
Just Like This Train-Michael Paz
Chinese Cafi-Michael Paz
Little Green-Bryan Thomas Band
All I Want-Bryan Thomas Band

The JMDL artists portion will be available through a CD Tree that will be
open for sign-up for branches AND leaves through the end of September. This
will be a blanks and postage kind of a deal and will be free to anyone.
Anyone who receives this and cares to make a donation to the foundation will
be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to Steve Polifka for his hard work on
this project. This release is available only to JMDL listmembers at this
time.

Thanks again for all your support!

Michael Paz

P.S. Phew!!!

NP-That Song About the Midway-Claudia San Soucie (WOW!)