>>I also just saw The Last Waltz again and the amazing Coyote performance.>

i just watched this last week in a music movie marathon on tv...the first
was stings bring on the night, then janis (which i'd never seen tho have
seen some of the footage), then the last waltz...

it was new info for me that like joni, janis was first an artist...she
remarked that in high school she was into art & had few friends there...she
said that being an artist  was an introverted & solo thing as opposed to
performing which is an extroverted & social thing...