Er...I guess this was not exactly a Rumpelstiltskin-level conundrum. But,
yes, you are perfectly correct. Do you know the rest of the story?

No, I don't.  I did like the song though.

Actually, River is one of the closing 3 songs on Blue, so I did highlight it
without naming it. Note that Steve T's (Amelio Alamo's) reply of today also
named the same three cuts.

Yes you did, I guess I should read more closely:)

I think many of us relate to this song. It is one of Joni's fortes to touch
common ground by sharing her feelings and experience.  Apropos of your
anecdote, James Taylor (about whom the song was written, I believe) sang the
song back to Joni 30 years later at the TNT tribute concert (which might be
an interesting tape for you to view - I have shown it to a few non-fans, and
it was well received).

I am a James Taylor fan. Then I have a very eclectic taste in music.  I like
old country,
Johnny Horton, Hank Sr., Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee.  I also love old Motown;
Smoky,
Chi Lights, Bill Withers.  Also Peter, Paul & Mary, John Denver, Joan Biaz,
Janice Joplin,
Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, The Beatles.........well you get the drift.  The
dark writings of
JM put me in the mind of Jackson Brown.  This weekend I plan on devoting time
Blue.  Thanks for your input.
                                                        Kasey
                Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com