I also picked it up, Victor, and I'm with you - I haven't really listened
to it a lot yet, but I DO love the sound of it. Reminds me of the "feel
good" sound of the 70's Stevie Wonder stuff. And she released 16 tracks,
pretty impressive for a follow-up. I hope she's still around to enjoy
people saying "Alicia WHO?" ;~)

I agree...it really does remind me of that and I think she captures that
feeling really well.  "The One" I really like...out of all the songs it sounds
remarkably like a Stevie song which I can hear in my head but I think it
definately stands on its own.  I guess I can't really fault her for being so
enthusiastic and full of warm feelings...it really does give you a good vibe
and honesty and simplicity of it I think really stands out in comparison to
Alicia Keyes and others...a really interesting direction to go in.  The title
itself, A Voyage to India comes from a Stevie Wonder songs and like Stevie,
she has a song on there about God which I think is really cool.

Victor

NP: the sound of dishes being put in a dishwasher and a little girl next door
who sounds like a cat