<<You're right there has always been artist doing standards in each decade.
But the question I meant to ask is: didn't Joni start this LATEST trend of
this decade?>>

Well I suppose you can believe whatever you want to believe...Brian Ferry's
project came out in '99, and Joni's in 2000. Technically, 2000 was the LAST
year of the decade, with 2001 as the FIRST year of the new decade &
century. So it may be more accurate spin to say that Joni's release
provided the final "exclamation mark" to the concept and paved the way for
her fellow artists in the decade to come! :~)

Bob, feeling like a political speech writer...

NP: Steve Earle, "What's A Simple Man To Do?"

the views of the company.