fantastic singers, i mean
> fantastic.  i'd heard of lea salonga forever, but had never seen her on
> stage.  she is just wonderful, a fragile, sweet presence on stage with
> an amazing voice from the bottom to the top of a huge range.  in 'love
> look away' the song was pitched low and a lot of it was in her chest
> voice, and it was just amazing what strength and truth she has in that
> range.

Thanks, Patrick for the glowing reviews. The Philippines is very proud of
Lea Salonga and her immense talent. And in her solo concerts in Manila,
she always surpassed peoples' expectations, or maybe we are easy to please
as a race. And her choice of songs, from Broadway staples to Kevyn Lettau
songs.

> the male ingenue was jose llano, who i've seen and heard before (on the
> town) but who, i think, will be a breakout for this role.

Jose Llana is also a great singer/actor but quite underappreciated here in
the Philippines. Hopefully his role in FDS will make him in the league of
the big stars.

Jerry Notaro privately emailed me about FDS' Broadway run, and I hope that
it gets to come here in Manila as well with all the Filipino talents in
the New York musical.

Joseph
np:  Lou Levy "By Myself"