>Thanks, Patrick for the glowing reviews. The Philippines is very proud of
>Lea Salonga and her immense talent. And in her solo concerts in Manila,
>she always surpassed peoples' expectations, or maybe we are easy to please
>as a race.

no, she's definitely the real deal.  with a real artist, your expectations
will always be surpassed, because real artistry is beyond what we can
imagine.  bless that it exists.  and lea salonga seems so modest for someone
with that talent.  the bow was very professional and presentational until
the very end, and then the cast seemed to lose it, and she was just so
fucking excited...  it was wonderful.

and she was so sweet at the party.  some of the cast members were really
getting crazy on the dance floor late in the evening, and while she wasn't
getting down, she was right at the edge, cheering them on...  so fun.

as for jose llano... i think this is huge for him.  i didn't see the last
broadway 'king and i' (which was sposedly great, and in which he had a
triumph) but this was a real starring moment for him, and i think he grabbed
it.

patrick

np - silence