this isn't really about those songs i love but about songs i associate with
driving...

last year before the joni love fest at full moon, jeff i & went on a
nostagic driving tour of all my childhood places in suburban/rural new
jersey...i clearly remember some of the songs playing during that summer
when i had my license & would drive my sis & bro to & from the the club we
hung out at all summer...

red rubber ball (cyrkle) & cherish (association) were the two that just
started playing in my head as i drove past those familiar sites...that small
window of time of transition from childhood to adulthood when i had lots of
freedom & little responsibility...fond memories...

& for some so called political content to tie it all together--for all you
california voters, here's a great irony (based on what you know of my
political views)...bill simon was one of the kids i used to hang out with
back then at the club...i tell you it is weird to see his name & face
plastered all over the place...well in my mind's eye he's still a teenager i
played tennis with...

>>Now Bob, I don't know if it has been done before but that would make a
great
thread.  What was the first tune you heard when you made your first foray
into the driving world?<<