As probably no one of you all know, I have two Samoyed, dogs from
northern Siberia, had Sams for 32 years now, and and Tommy and Tenoch
like all Sams don't bark so much as they do howl.

All this Walk Away Renee and Pretty Ballerina posting had me singing
Left Banke songs in my best falsetto which no one but the dogs ever get
to hear.  And they love it!  Every time I hit the high notes on
"somewhere a mountain is moving..." they just howl away!  We are having
great fun!

When we are not singing and howling, we have been listening to the 8
Mile soundtrack album - and wow, it is great!  The third song on the cd,
Eminem's title track for 8 Mile, is about as authentic Detroit longing
as you can get.  My sons were conceived and born in Detroit, my oldest
is the same age as Em, the younger is a real Em fan, and that song
resonates with the yearnings that I have heard a lot... it also has some
wickedly funny lyrics.  The Macy Gray track is also great, Boomkat
(Taryn Manning) is a star that will emerge because of the soundtrack,
Gangstarr's Battle is also quintessential Detroit, and the entire
soundtrack cd is really a great piece of music, except for the opening
track, which is Em's current single, Lose Yourself, which IMHO is one of
Em's weaker efforts.  But he more than makes up for it with Love Me,
Rabbit Run (another great escape Detroit song) and 8 Mile.

Vince