In a message dated 11/11/2002 6:27:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> To those who privated the personal insults, sobeit. I'll live.

 It bothers me that listers would insult you or any other lister for simply
offering your opinions or your critique.
It seems to me that many of our threads could be construed as criticisms of
Joni.  When the set-list for Travelogue was announced, didn't we gladly start
a discussion about which songs we felt she should have included?  Is that not
a criticism of her work?  If I feel that the arrangement on Amelia is
plodding and doesn't serve the song, or have the idea that it would have been
really inspired to arrange the song differently, maybe with some vocalizing
from the Bulgarian Women's Choir, isn't this the place where I come to share
these ideas?  Isn't that the fun of the discussion?  Or are we only allowed
to share our glowing reviews?  I don't recall that any of the negative
criticism included someone saying they hated Travelogue so much that they'd
never listen to Joni again.  So what's the big deal?  I've been underwhelmed
by some of the Travelogue stuff and alternately thrilled by some of it, too!
And my personal favorite threads have been when listers share great ideas
about how things could be done differently, especially the discussions about
who we'd like to hear cover different Joni tunes!  So, I'm gonna encourage
everyone to post their opinions, positive or negative.  I love checking my
mail each day and reading all the differing opinions about Travelogue and all
things Joni!
ken