Christopher Treacy wrote:

> I recall a day when RS reviews used to go on for pages and pages, really
> examining a new body of work. Whether or not one ended up in agreement with
> the reviewer about the quality of a release, it was always evident that a
> fair amount of thought, listening, and research went into each review.

As someone who has about 150 published reviews in professional publications I
can tell you this is across the board, not just RS, and not just music
reviews. The days of long, thoughtful reviews, along the lines of Pauline Kael
or Frank Rich, are long gone. The public wants everything quick and fast:
Thumbs up, or thumbs down.  Unfortunate, but true, nonetheless.

Jerry

np: Eminem - Run Rabbit Run