in my list
joni has 9!!! breathtaking albums back to back

stas, clouds, ladies, blue, roses,
court, miles, hissing, herjira

thats 9!! 9 perfect lps
methinks only the beatles can break that

pp me, with, hard, 4 sale
help, rubber, revolver, pepper,
mm tour, white   hmmm 10... (damn that yellow submarine!)
(could have been longer)

stones?
aftermath, buttons, satanic,
beggars, bleed, sticky, exile  (a measley 6)

but taking your point of view, i have seneral more
groups or artists that have at least 3

airplane-surrealistic, baxters, crown. pointed head, volunteers
dylan--another side,bringin, highway, blonde
judy--jc5, in my life, wildflowers, who knows
joan--jb5, farewell, noel, joan
laura--ist songs, eli, tendaberry, christmas, miracle
bowie--hunky, ziggy, aladin, pin ups, diamond dogs
(damn that young americans) but then...
station, low, heroes, lodger, scarey monsters
(looks like the beats and joni had a run for their money here)
(and at this point, let's discount live albums, shall we?)
kinks--face to face, something else, village green, lola
elvis c--aim, this years', armed, get happy, trust, imp bed

(and for all you nitpickers---ok ok
noel and gonna take a miracle
are not groundbreaking albums
i just happen to love them)

my point is song per song, album per album
joni is right up there with (or well ahead of) anyones best

xxx
walt