mack watson-bush wrote:

>   When initially came here figured this was a land of grownup flower children.
> All this talk of sluts, whores, and bimbos has me thinking what kind of
> judgement is this?  Guess by some standards Janis would be considered a whore.
> I remember hearing similar words to describe her way back when.  I, for one,
> don't care who is doing whom and how often they do it.

Mack, we don't agree much but we do on Janis and right on to what you have
said.   She was put down for all of that and more and that was just a way to
ignore her genius and her amazing talent.  As Joni was discredited.  As Madonna
gets discredited.  Not that I am equating the three - but surely it is sexist to
keep making these charges against women.  If a woman is comfortable with her body
and sexuality, she is a slut.  A guy does it, and he is hunk, a star.  Jim
Morrison whipped it out on stage.  Jimi Hendrix made love to his guitar (and
seeing film clips of it, he did).  Almost all male musicians play their guitars
as if they were penile extensions.  Stones have a zipper to unzip on the fly of
the pants on their album.  But Janis is a slut.  Joni is a slut.  Madonna is a
slut  the guys, they are just cool.

Hypocrisy.

Thanks mack for raising the greatest of all, Janis, into the conversation.

Vince