Of course Gage and I saw it on opening day - what the hell else is a
grandfather for?

The popcorn scale: I finished all of my and some of his, so I was
suitably engrossed but yet somewhat bored or the movie is a tad long -
usually I can make a bucket last a long time.  He ate some of his
popcorn but not much - he was very engrossed.

The Reeses Pieces scale: he never even got into his bag of candy, so he
was very engrossed.

It picks up a lot of themes from the first movie and advances them along
nicely, but left out some of my favorite stuff from the first movie.

The plot was not as well summarized from the 2nd book as it was in the
first.  This plot kind of needs reading skills at times.   And it is
scarier than the first movie.

Harry hit puberty somewhere during the course of the filming of the
movie.  If they shot these things in continuity, we would have known
when.  Ron Weasly and Hermonine (spelling) are almost there.

The Kenneth Branaugh character was a waste and Richard Harris, Alan
Rickman, and Maggie Smith had little to do in this movie.  But the three
kids carried off the movie nicely.  The flying car thing lost a lot of
context from page to screen.

I think Peter O'Toole would make a great Dumbledore in the next film.

Bottom line: kids in the theater were laughing.  They loved it.

Gage: little popcorn and no Reeses pieces, so he was very enthralled, he
loved it.

me: all my popcorn eaten and some of his, i was a tad bored.  I won't
see this one a second time as easily as we have seen other films more
than once.

But we will go again, that i know - he already knows my favorite 8 Mile
track, insisted we play it over and over in the car,  and that is the
way to a poppa's heart.

Vince