Shortly after the recording dates in London in November 2001, Joni referred
to her new project as "Swan Song".

When the USA Today article came out in September 2002, the project was
called "A Travelogue" and was slated to be released on Reprise.

It's now called "Travelogue" on Nonesuch Records.  Their website lists only
one edition, catalog #79817.

While I could not save the USA Today web page directly, I did select, copy
the text, and clean it up.  Here it is in its entirety.

USA Today
---------
September 05, 2002
---------
JONI MITCHELL ORCHESTRATES RETROSPECTIVE
---------
By Edna Gundersen
---------
Singer/songwriter Joni Mitchell toured her past, journeyed into a new genre
and trekked across the ocean for A Travelogue, her long-awaited
collaboration with the London Symphony Orchestra. The two-CD set, due Nov.
19 on Reprise, offers 23 of her compositions, freshly arranged by Vince
Mendoza.

Mitchell, who produced the retrospective with ex-hubby and longtime
collaborator Larry Klein, recorded the songs at George Martin's Air
Lyndhurst Studio in London.

Tunes transformed from pop simplicity to classical grandeur include
Woodstock, Amelia, Chinese Cafi, Flat Tire, For the Roses, God Must Be a
Boogie Man, Sex Kills, Be Cool, Just Like This Train, The Last Time I Saw
Richard and Circle Game.

Mitchell designed the packaging, which features examples of her paintings, a
book and extensive liner notes.

Making appearances are Herbie Hancock, Billy Preston and Wayne Shorter.

The recording sessions are chronicled in a documentary by Allison Anders (Mi
Vida Loca, Gas Food Lodging), tentatively due in January. In addition, PBS
will air an American Masters profile of Mitchell in March.
---------