>>And man, that painting of Kilauren and ? is so good it looks like a
photograph!

Don't you have this the wrong way around, Bob? The point, IMHO, is that a
really great photo should approach the beauty of a painting. This is
preferable to having someone trying to paint something which could pass for a
photograph. Or am I talking through my asp? I know the hyperrealist school
tries this and it's sometimes interesting. Unfortunately, we are so used to
photographs that we (some of us) tend to see them (in both 'senses') as the
real reality, rather than just one image of it, among many other
possibilities. It's like the guy who films himself having sex and then can't
wait to get home and watch the video.
mike (who knows irony when he smells it, sorry Bob) in bcn
NP - Pat Metheny - Electric Counterpoint