I'm envious of all of you who've already gotten a copy of Travelogue! But I'm waiting for Santa to visit with that one (and Diana Krall's live CD.) Can I hold out? I've got the 14 buzztone (or whatever it's called) recordings to placate me til then.

But my son just got new turntables to play/scratch/mix his rap crap on and he invited me up to play a RECORD. I had to dig in the basement to find something, and as soon as I happened on DED, I knew it was the one. I haven't heard it in years. Don't own it on CD, but will soon! What a fantastic record! I love the electronic Joni! I turned 'Shiny Toys' way up and rocked the house. The quality of sound on this turntable is great. What fun! I love the syncopation of 'Lucky Girl' too. Don't hear too much of that in anyone's music! Anyway, I've now got (access to) a turntable to play my hundreds of LPs and 45s. I'm in heaven!

Anyone wanna come over Friday night to play records, drink beer and smoke some refer?

(only kidding, I was thinking of 1975... sorry.)

np: pretenders 'message of love'