> Franklin> James is exaggerating a wee bit here. He's
> actually written the same four (OK, maybe six) songs
150 times. The problem is that  only the ORIGINAL four
to six of them were worthy of recognition >

The poster child for musical innovation, James is not.
 But, if you're saying JT wrote only 4-6 songs worthy
of recognition, I have to disagree.

Now he "jumped the shark" (hee hee), with the release
of Flag, but prior to that wrote lots of great songs
and had 2 nearly perfect albums with Mud Slide... and
JT.

Yes he earns his bread and butter on a few precious
and not-so-precious hits - and it is a dismal
experience to see him in concert and be surrounded by
people who only want to hear songs off his greatest
hits - but he has made his mark as a songwriter -- not
pushing the boundaries or making waves, but by writing
little gems that have their place in the soundtracks
of many of our lives (sounds like a bad hallmark, I
know, but it is true).

Jenny

http://mailplus.yahoo.com